Dr. Barbara Hentzsch
Leibniz-Institut für Ostseeforschung
+49 381 5197 102
+49 381 5197 105
Areas of responsibility
Head of the Science Management Unit
Further development and acquisition of external funding
Quality management / Evaluation
- Support of the institute management in strategic questions
- Conceptual preparation and follow-up of evaluations by the IOW Advisory Board and the Senate of the Leibniz Association
- Support of the IOW committees Board of Trustees and Scientific Advisory Board
- Implementation of management decisions
- International and national cooperation
- Support in planning and organizing scientific events
- Networking in various cooperation groups, e.g. the "Press" working groups of the Leibniz Association and the German Marine Research Consortium (KDM) and "Rostock denkt 365°".
Implementation and further development of the IOW research programme
- Support to the research priorities, in particular "Changing Ecosystems" and "Coastal Seas and Society"
External and internal communication
- Press releases
- Editorial board of the magazine "Leibniz-Nordost"
- Final editing IOWinternally
- Conception of high-visibility events such as Open Ship / Open Door / Baltic Sea Day