IOW Logo

Finding an apartment and registering

IOW offers guest rooms up to 4 months.
To check the availability of these rooms please contact your department.

The guest rooms are situated in the IOW villa building (see picture).

Please click on the picture to see more pictures of the rooms.

files/staff/recklebe/Gaestezimmer/IOW - K. Beck.JPG
picture: IOW/K.Beck
If no guest room is available or latest after 4 months of staying there, you should find an apartment of your own.
You find some useful websites in here.

If you stay longer than three months in Germany, please register your German address at the citizens' registration office (Ortsamt) that is responsible for your area that you live in --> Information for Rostock citizens

The following documents are required before you go there:

1. fill out the "Wohnungsgeberbestätigung" (landlord confirmation) and let it sign from your landlord
2. your passport or ID card
3. if you already have an address in Germany then bring the confirmation of your registration of that place
If you move to Germany with your family (spouse, children) make sure they are mentioned on the form as well and they will have to go to the Ortsamt with you personally.

Go back