Science meets Policy:
Role of evidence-based science in decision-making
June 15, 2017 4 – 5:30 pm, room “Rostock”
What is the role of evidence-based science in the current time and future decision-making?
Good science vs impactful science: how to manage and strike a balance?
4:00 – 4:30 Keynote:
Sif Johansson, director of Mistra Council for Evidence-Based Environmental Management (EviEM), Stockholm , Sweden
4:30 – 4:45 Comment:
Carola Veit, chair of the Baltic Sea Parliamentary Conference (BSPC) and president of the Hamburg Parliament
4:45 – 5:30 Panel discussion with
- Jacob Carstensen, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Mike Elliott, Institute of Estuarine and Coast Studies, University of Hull, United Kingdom (tbc)
- Mats Svensson, Swedish Agency for Marine and Water Management (SwAM), Göteborg, Sweden
- Sebastian Unger, Sustainability Governance, Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS) Potsdam, Germany
- Carola Veit, chair of the Baltic Sea Parliamentary Conference (BSPC) and president of the Hamburg Parliament (tbc)
- Kaisa Kononen, director of BONUS, Helsinki, Finland, as moderator.