Workshop "Technology for science"
Challenges in marine research
June 14, 2017, 14 – 17 pm
Traditionally, progress in marine research strongly relies upon technological developments. The technology workshop during the BSSC fosters the exchange of information about new technological opportunities and emerging scientific demands.
- 14:00-14:30 Keynote Schulz-Bull, D.: ”Modern technology for the measurement of trace chemicals in seawater”
- 14:30-15:00 Keynote Lips,U.: “Gliders as a valuable component of the Baltic Sea research infrastructure: experiences and perspectives”
- 15:00-15:15 Rehder, G., Müller, J.D., Schneider, B., Anderson, L., Turner, D., Aßmann, S., Fietzkek, P., Bastkowski, F., Kulinski, K.: Towards accurate, long-term traceable pH-measurements in the Baltic Sea: rationale, results and vision of the BONUS PINBAL project
- 15:15 Coffee Break
- 15.45-16:15 Keynote (tba): ESA: “New earth observation opportunities in the Baltic”
- 16:15-16:30 von Borries, J., Chavet, S., Andersen, A., Riemann, L., Labrenz, M.: In situ fixationnas an innovative tool providing unbiased samples for studying microbial activities in aquatic environments
- 16:30-16:45 Diane, M., Dahlström, M., Watermann, B., Solér, C., Eriksson-Wiklund, A.-K., Tegner Anker, H., Gipperth, L.: “Changing Antifouling Practices for Leisure Boats in the Baltic Sea” (CHANGE)
- 16:45-17:00 Andrusaitis, A.: „BONUS Innovation for the Baltic Sea“
Two-Days Industrial Exhibition: Suppliers and developers of marine instrumentation will present new innovations.