I am currently developing and applying field work systems and laboratory techniques for better estimations of microplastics in aquatic systems. I have started my PhD 2017 in the project MicroCatch_balt where I focus on catchment wide dynamics of plastic distribution and incorporation into riverine foodwebs.
Related fields of expertise
- Raman and FTIR environmental synthetic polymer spectroscopy
- Numeric modelling of particle transport processes
- Field work design and planning for enviromental pollution research
- Scientific diving (ESD license)
- Underwater acoustic communication in fish