since 10/2019 at IOW
09/2016 - 09/2019 Research lead for the Ocean Climate group at SMHI.
08/2013 - 09/2019 Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute, as a Senior Scientist at the Research Department. Downscaling of global climate change scenarios for the NW European shelf seas.
08/2009 – 09/2013 Max-Planck-Institute for Meteorology Hamburg.
Climate induced changes in circulation and water mass properties on the NW
05/2007 – 08/2009 Leibniz Institute for Marine Sciences - Geomar, Kiel.
Isotopic signatures on the Laptev Shelf – water mass and sea ice formation
in the Arctic Ocean.
07/2002 – 08/2006 Max-Planck-Institute for Meteorology Hamburg.
Simulation of the last glacial cycle with a complex earth system model.
02/1999 – 06/2002 University of Bremen, FB 5 – Geosciences (Ph-D position ).
Pliocene to Pleistocene Deepwater circulation in the western Atlantic.
- permanent Associate Editor for Frontiers in Marine Science - Global Change and the Future Ocean (since 2021)
- Member of the Baltic Earth Science Steering Group (since 02/2018)
- Co-chair Baltic Earth Working Group on Regional Earth System Modelling
- Lead author Baltic Earth Assessment reports, chapter: Coupled Regional Earth System Modelling for the Baltic Sea region (2020)
- HELCOM/Baltic Earth Expert Network on Climate Change (2020)
- Editorial Board Member for MDPI journal Climate
- Review Editorial Board for Frontiers in Marine Science - Global Change and the Future Ocean (2015-2021)
- EC-Earth Ocean Working Group (since 2015)