I am co-supervisor of the graduate course 'Climate of the Earth', introducing students to fundamental processes of the climate system. For more information, click here to see the official course site.
Content: Climate of the Earth
- Fundamental processes of the climate system (greenhouse effect, radiation balance, climate sensitivity, stability, and feedback)
- Basic methods of the analysis and modeling of the climate system with a focus on the ocean
- Equations of motion of the large-scale circulation with a focus on the ocean
- Coupled atmosphere-ocean–sea-ice models
- Spatial and temporal variability of the climate system
- Anthropogenic climate change and natural climate variability